Tuesday 17 February 2009

RETRO-LISTING...

CHESHIRE
I can honestly say hand on heart that I don't usually do this sort of thing but with hindsight and the might of the Wizzal listers (well Mr Wolley) backing me up....that Diver I saw zapping out to sea behind Bird Rock from Red Rocks last Wednesday was a Black throated Diver, it was also seen about the same time from Hilbre (its apparently been around for several weeks) so whap on it goes.

MOSS SIDE
After signing on for yet another bloody useless agency this time in Warrington I decided whist there to nip round to Moss Side and do the Eastern Reedbed/Pumphouse area circuit.

this chap was showing well on Pumphouse pool but it seems the more I look at these buggers the less I know what the hell they are. Its got black eyes, long greyish legs, short primaries. The bible (Helm Gulls) says Caspo has an all white head with a beady dark eye set to the front of the head....which this has! i've put it on Birdcall so the gurus can put me right.

Over at the Eastern Reedbed complex of pools, reeds and muddy swamps the wintering Green Sandpiper was still there showing well on the back swamp. Pinky the Pinkfoot slept with the Canada flock on the grassed area. No sign of any Bitterns but two year ticks with Kingfisher and two calling Water Rails on ERB.




With three year ticks added that brings Moss Side level with Marbury on 86....game on!
Moss Side YL - 86
Marbury YL - 86

No comments: