Monday 31 January 2011

BIZARRE BITTERN...

Found this reed bed dwelling fellow 15 feet up a tree in Coward's Wood this afternoon...a most bizarre sight, letter to British Birds me thinks. Please excuse the naff piccy but as usual I didn't have any of my cameras with me so its a phone scope jobby. I was actually twitching the male Defra Duck found earlier by Greg (does this man have a job?), a nice grip back on the leading pack. The 4 Pinkfeet were also back with the Canada flock in the Kidbrook fields then later on the mere itself. Still a good selection of wildfowl on Bud mere with Greylag, Mallard, Gadwall, Teal, Wigeon, Tufty, Pochard , Goldeneye and Shelduck all in good numbers ish. February tomorrow so its eyes peeled for Scaup and Pintail (grip back) plus ears cleaned for that calling Lesser Spot.
Virtually thrown in the proverbial towel already for the 2011 Garden Year List what with flocks of Goosander buzzing Sooty's estate down in Staffs and the taxi man hoarding every finch in Comberbach god knows how I'm gonna get some garden ticks to me self. Still alls fun in love and listing what?

No comments: