Thursday 16 August 2012

Foulshaw Moss

I managed to nip into Foulshaw Moss whilst on route up the Cumbrian coast this week...more Bat surveys to do. Timing was epic as that big round golden ball in the sky had decided to come out and play. Others had the same idea and the car park was almost full with 5 cars! as people were out with their cameras trying to capture the wildlife on show.
With the sun hot and temperatures reaching 22'c there were Dragonflies everywhere with Black Darters being the commonest.


male Black Darter and female below




On the rather frail boardwalk I found 4 basking Common Lizards, the reptile course I'd recently been on paying dividends already.










fantastic critters

There was one reptile mat and underneath a very nice surprise my first Slow Worm find...


I just wish birds were a bit more approachable.
Off to Norfolk soon camping at Stiffkey so fingers crossed for some East winds.

tara 4 now

No comments: