Sunday 1 November 2009

OBC BASH

A wet weekend in Norfolk and Debs and I are attending the Oriental Bird Clubs 25 yrs celebration at a very posh hotel in Hunstanton. And brewed especially for the occasion much to the surprise of The Bare-faced Birders (check out the blog) was the real ale as advertised above. Seriously strong with a thin head and a good body.....sounds like someone I know ? it went down a treat. I managed to miss all the talks cos being in Norfolk I took the chance to do some well earned birding with great views of 3 Shore Larks at Holme plus 5 Whooper Swans looking well out of place on the beach!
Over at the new construction site of Titchwell the feeders were certainly pulling in the birds....


and the Muntjac deer...

One new bird for the year list was all I could manage as the lure of Bare-faced Real Ale was overpowering, so I dipped out on Green winged Teal (yawn!), Lapland Bunting, Pale bellied Brent Goose? and Snow Goose. Back to the bash for some oriental nosh and a boogie to support a well organised volunteer run club that does great things out east, you should try it some time...www.orientalbirdclub.org
UK YL 255


No comments: