Wednesday 31 March 2010

118...118...

So Spring has finally sprung in between showers and snow storms that is. Theres dribs and drabs of Summer migrants coming through such as Sand Martins, the odd Barn Swallow, single Blackcap, Wheatear and Willow Warbler plus a couple of LRPs but nothing prepared the patch watchers for Saturday mornings blockbuster. One of Vern's acquaintances discovered a bl$$dy BLACK REDSTART in the cow field Silver Birches (with the aforementioned Willow Warbler nearby).
Whilst poor old me was helping Gordon Brown save the economy and working my proverbials off doing overtime, most of the Patch regulars scored heavily. Typically after returning from work I was left to wander on my own in a fruitless search for the long departed mega...''rats arse!!!'' as Mr Walters used to say. I can only hope in the famous words of Ellesmere Ports finest ''they'll always be another''...yeh right!

MARBURY PATCH 2010 YEAR LIST - 91

No comments: