Saturday 28 August 2010

ARMCHAIR TICK...


The intake of alcohol is beginning to have an effect on the old grey matter me thinks. On the recent successful twitch to grip back Syke's Warbler my chauffeur for the day Phil (Mr Wizzal) informed me during a conversation about lists (well what do most birders talk about when on a twitch) that the big fat Yanky Snipe on Scilly's has been upgraded to full whapping status....what!!
Its taken me this long to get my act together and press the right buttons on my birding software (Birder's Diary by Thayer) to split then add the boy to the British List as one does...well that's what I do anyway. So my 2007 trip to the most expensive islands in Britain was not wasted after all.
Whap on goes WILSON'S SNIPE and up comes 510 for UK/Ireland Old School List now does anybody know whats happening with the following...
USA BLACK TERN
AZOREAN Y L GULL
BLACK BRANT
EAGLE OWL
GREATER FLAMINGO
HOUSE FINCH
HUDWIM
MARBLED DUCK
ANY OF THOSE BLOODY SMALL CANADA GEESE
ROSS'S GOOSE
SIBE CHIFFY AND STONECHAT
WHITE PELICAN
WHITE HEADED DUCK
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST BLACK EARED KITE.
answers on a post card to the BOU, BOURC, BBRC etc
TTFN


No comments: