Saturday 2 July 2011

INTER INSECTS

I was up in Cumbria this week and couldn't resist the temptation to boost my Butterfly and Damselfly lists. Not that their anything to shout about anyway ( my insect lists) but with the weather being hot and sunny plus the time of year what better way to spend your lunch hour. Some of the little buggers are so difficult to id in flight that taking pictures is a must. Here's a few I got from various places.


SMALL HEATH


GRAYLING


RINGLET


DARK GREEN FRITILLARY


EMERALD DAMSELFLY female


AZURE DAMSELFLY female


SIX-SPOT BURNET (a moth i know but it was very obliging)

Thats your lot for now. Next installment will be a few Dragonflies etc from the Patch hopefully.

ttfn

2 comments:

Paul 'Doc' Brewster said...

Hi Pod reckon your damselfly is an Azure, I pm-ed you on Focalpoint site a few days ago but dont think you have seen it yet :) The Doc

Paul 'Doc' Brewster said...

Glad to be of help Pod, you'll be twitching insects next ;) It took me 3 years to catch up with Club-tailed Dragonflies on the Dee at Farndon.... Cheers The Doc