Wednesday 8 February 2012

GULLTASTIC

A spot of lunch today down on the pier at Workington. As I tucked into my Ronald McDonald special low fat salad barm a rather white looking gull landed on a rock by the car and eyed my lunch. Well pull my yardarm and call me Roger one pristine stonking adult winter Med Gull. Another gull to go on the years find list (after the Iceland at Moore) nice and a flippin Year tick to boot. No camera (typical) so phone only pics.



I think the boss might like the one above.
On leaving a quick scan of the estuary and gull find number two, a rather obliging 2nd winter Glaucous Gull floating around the dredger in the channel to Workington Port...sorted.

MARBURY PATCH


Since the New Year blitz things have gone rather quiet but at least I'm still in touch with the leaders (just).
Only new duck to appear is this mystery thing that looks like a Pintail/Red crested Pochard female hybrid thingy...


Any ideas chaps?

Another piccy I found on me phone whilst downloading the gull shots was one of last Fridays Bittern...


Phonescoped record shot of one of Marbury's now world famous Bitterns...showing well folks!

2012 YEAR LIST = 142
PATCH YEAR LIST = 86

No comments: