Sunday 26 February 2012

WINTERSETT RESERVOIR

The Wife and I travelled over to Barnsley for a social event on Saturday. Just to the Northwest of  Dickie Bird's hometown is the delightful group of waters known as Anglers Country Park, a magnet for Yorkshire birds and birders alike. After a natter with some very helpful locals I ascertained the whereabouts of my required year list padders their all on/next to Wintersett Reservoir with a stunning drake Smew thrown in for good measure.
Below some classic naff Pod digiscoping efforts...in my defence it was seriously windy in fact more windy than a night of curry, beans and real ale with a touch of IBS (no that's not the norm I assure you).

 A winter plumage Black necked Grebe...out of focus

 The drake Smew, well some of it about 1km away.

The rather shy Greenland White-fronted Goose

Some very obliging car park Tree Sparrows (not a year tick by the way)

2012 UK YEAR LIST - 156   roll on Spring!

No comments: