Friday 8 February 2008

Richmond Bank Gull Emporium strikes again!!

A phone call from Mr Wirral (Cheshires premier county lister) alerted me to another potential 1st for Moss Side.A visiting birder from Never Never Land(Seaforth) had found a Kumlien's Gull at Richmond Bank.

I joined Mr Wirral and Fred(Marbury CP patcher) on the northbank lookout but there was no sign of the boy(or gull).I found a 1st winter Yellow-legged Gull (this gull watching is paying off) but sod all else.The only white-winged gull was a rather bright easy to see leucistic Herring Gull.





'Whitey' phonescoped, thats why its a pooh photo.


It will be interesting to see what this white job gets claimed as over the coming weeks!


As my friends know from our regular Thursday night sessions I like a pint or two (or five) but hows this for a challenge................


top bloke.

No comments: