Saturday 30 May 2009

SHOW US YOUR BADGER

Hi folks its been a long time since I last blogged but as you may realise certain events that took place over the past week have been hard to swallow for me and many others....SUSAN BOYLE came second on Britain's Got Talent...what!!!!!!
Back to reality and with the whole of the West coast virtually birdless its been a crap end to May. A pre insomniac visit to Neumann's got me a group of 3 Greenshank at 5-00am which I think no one else caught up with (far too early to text the Doc). My driving job had me passing the Savi's Warbler in Essex whilst on the M25, I put the car windows down but could not hear its distinctive fast reel. I also drove passed the one/two? Red necked Phals on Belvide (your not coming in your not on the list Midlands Res.)

I did manage one new year tick and a new site tick with a brief sorte to Cotswold Water Park. After searching several of the 100+ lakes/ponds/gravel pits I managed to find 3 male Red Crested Pochard part of the tickable feral population (or something like that).

Patch tonight (Saturday) had me awestruck as not one, not two but three young BADGERS rummaged around in front of me by their sett (site withheld for obvious reasons). Eat your hearts out Spring Watch.

The National birding ID dilemma continues with West Sussex (Collared/Oriental Pratincole) and Norfolk (Great/Red Knot) joining the list of ID cock ups, could this prevalent Cheshire disease be spreading ?

UK YL 212

PATCH YL 127

MOSS SIDE YL 111 (its been almost purple of late with Exocet, Wood Sand and Marsh Harrier plus Cetti's just round the corner)

No comments: